Sprite Shader with Clip() *Discard pixels
Testing what happens if add clip(discard), remove transparency and remove color tint from default Sprite Shader..
Just wanted to see if there is big difference or not,
but seems like no huge difference on PC (asus laptop, gtx970m), unless you have thousands of sprites on screen (*will test on mobile later)
This thread says in mobile devices it might be worse performance to use Clip()..
Stats for test scene (20000 sprites overlapping, sprite texture: 128×128) *Using Unity 5.4.0p2
Sprite used (sprite mesh type: full rect)
Leave a comment
- Using ImageMagick with Unity
- Load AssetBundles with Caching
- [Shader] Draw World Space UI Always On Top
- Advanced Voxel Terrain
- Voxel Terrain
- [LudumDare37] One Room
- Wireframe Shader
- Publish .ipa file from Windows PC to iOS without Mac
- New Domain name 1darray.com
- Using Accord.NET with Unity
- Lots of Exciting New Unity Stuff Coming Up!
- How to enable unsafe keyword for Unity C#